I had lost my Indian passport which had a valid UAE visa, What to do?

What to do if I have lost my Indian passport which had a valid UAE visa?
Your passport is the only document that identifies you as an Indian citizen in other countries and it is your universal travel document. With out a valid passport you cannot enter or leave a country. In case it is stolen, lost or destroyed, first thing you have to do is report this immediately at your nearest police station and passport issuing authority. If you lost passport in a foreign country report this to nearest Indian consulate mission. Always keep a xerox copy of your passport so that this can help in passport recovery / re-issuing process.

Please visit UAE Embassy website uaeembassy-newdelhi.com

Click on the "UAE Consular Section" tab

Click on Loss of Passport link from the menu.
Link: http://uaeembassy-newdelhi.com/consularservices_Attestation-Legalization%20documents.asp

Read the Procedures for the Loss of Passport, containing a valid UAE Residence visa

You have to submit application to UAE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS , CONSULAR SERVICES DEPARTMENT , VISA SECTION along with following documents:
  1. Loss of Passport form ( dully filled , coloured (no black and white copy) , Typed in Capital letters)
  2. applicant's two contact numbers are necessary, enter it at bottom of the form
  3. Old and new passport's copy.
  4. UAE Residence Visa's copy.
  5. A letter from the sponsor in UAE, stating that the applicant left UAE with his permission.
  6. A copy of the Original Police Report or FIR, issued by the police, attested by the Indian External Affairs Ministry
  7. ARABIC TRANSLATION of the Police report of the lost passport
  8. One Passport Size Coloured photograph.
  9. Fee of Dh 300/- + Bank Service Charges

Source : uaeembassy-newdelhi.com

Download Loss of Passport application from

For more details logon to UAE Embassy in India Website   www.uaeembassy-newdelhi.com



More Updates >>


More Walkins >>