How to apply for a USA Student Visa

USA Student Visa

The United States welcomes foreign students to American language schools, high schools, universities and other institutions of higher education. Students on F-1 visa may accept employment in the U.S. as a part of their practical training by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.

Eligibility Requirements: An applicant for a student visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by, and affiliated with, the United States government. The alien must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States. The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school.

How to apply for a USA Student Visa

Download the F-1 Student Visa Application Guide.

Select where in the Unites States of America you would like to live and study.

Choose the type of school you would like like to attend, such as: University, College, Graduate School, ESL (English as Second Language) or Vocational School.

Contact the school and start the admission process.

Upon acceptance by school, the school will issue you an I-20 form (the required document you need to apply for F-1 student visa).

With the I-20 form and the F-1 Visa Application Guide you can apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are already in the United States you may be allowed change your immigration status to student.

You may be legally authorized to work in the United States while on a F-1 student visa.

More To Read ....



More Updates >>


More Walkins >>