Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Openings for 390 Assistant Professors in Delhi University -last date 21st February, 2012.
1. Candidates must possess the qualifications as prescribed by the UGC for respective posts. All the above posts carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. Application forms and details regarding prescribed qualifications and eligibility conditions can be obtained from Room No.205, New Administrative Block, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110 007 either personally on any working day, or by sending a self‐addressed envelope. The same is also available at the University Website www.du.ac.in .
2. The Number of Posts may vary with in the categories.
3. It will be open to the University to consider names of suitable candidates who might not have applied.
4. Merely fulfilling the minimum qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be necessarily considered or called for the interview.
5. The applications received may be screened for short listing and recommending the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of the criteria to be fixed by the duly constituted screening committee.
6. University reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
7. Relaxation, if any, may be made in exceptional cases on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
8. Separate application is required for each post.
9. Qualifications are applicable as stipulated under the UGC regulations from time to time.
10. The above posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in the subjects. However,
the Department concerned may have specific requirements of specialization.
11. Completed applications in the prescribed form may be sent to the
Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi‐ 110 007,
Last date of application : 21st February, 2012.